Advice For Adults
1. Emphasize healthy sleep habits to your children early on, and especially in the teen years.
2. Share accurate information with your teens about short- and long-term health effects.
3. Set a good example with your sleep habits.
1. Make school start times align with teens' natural body clocks. Yes, that means pushing them back! No, that does not mean by only ten minutes! Prioritize the health of the students you serve.
2. Make an effort to educate parents and students about the importance of healthy sleep habits.
3. Encourage teachers to use research-aligned homework practices.
Read by 9pm
Asleep by 9:30pm
1. Use research aligned-homework practices. No more busywork!
2. If a student is struggling to stay awake in class, talk with them about their sleep habits.